Social Media Guidelines:
The Town of Boone uses social media platforms to connect with the community on a wide array of topics. These sites are intended to be a resource for the community to learn, engage and provide input.
Comments made by the public to these sites are subject to Town of Boone policies and guidelines. While comments will not be blocked, hidden or removed from the site based strictly on their content generally, the Town reserves the right to block, hide or remove comments/postings that contain the following:
- Vulgar, abusive or threatening language, defamatory statements or nudity in profile pictures or attachments
- Personal attacks, hate speech or offensive terminology targeting individuals or groups of individuals
- Suggestions or encouragement of illegal activity
- Unsolicited business proposals or endorsements/promotion of commercial services, products or entities
- Infringements of copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property
- Endorsements of political parties, candidates or groups
- Off-topic comments/posts, spam or links to unrelated sites
Multiple violations of the Town’s comment standards may result in a public user’s comments/postings being banned from the Town social media sites. The Town's social media policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time without prior notice. Comments/postings shall be retained in accordance with Town record retention policies and constitute public records under state law.
Users should not use any Town-managed social media site for emergency purposes or for communicating with town officials with respect to public business. Emergencies should be reported to 911.
Questions or comments related to the Town of Boone's social media policy? Contact Laney Pilkington at email@example.com.