The Town of Boone's Parking Department:
Downtown Boone Parking is made up of 200 smart meters, 150 pre-pay spaces and 220 permitted spaces. The spaces are enforced by 2 full time and 4 part-time enforcements officers who are also some of the kindest people you will meet. They can walk up to 10 miles a day and typically do it with a smile on their face. If you have any questions about downtown parking, please feel free to stop enforcement staff for more information.
The Town of Boone offers student parking located at our Daniel Boone lot, where 242 spaces are available for rent in coordination with the Appalachian State school schedule, from early August until early May. These spaces rent for $325 for the academic year. Please note that this lot does have a requirement that cars be moved on Friday afternoon and can be returned Saturday evening, to accommodate the Watauga County Farmers' Market. For more information about the Daniel Boone Lot please call Town of Boone Parking at 828-268-6229.
ALL STUDENT PARKING SPACES HAVE BEEN SOLD FOR THE 2022/2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Rules and Regulations for Downtown Boone Parking:
In order to provide an enjoyable Downtown Boone experience for all of our patrons and visitors, we do have a few rules and regulations for parking in Downtown Boone.
- Parking is enforced Monday through Saturday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. All parking is free on Sunday.
- Please note: The Town Hall lot is not open to the public on Saturdays. Additionally, during Game Days, the Town Hall lot is not open to the public for parking.
- Parking is free on town-observed holidays. Please check our social media channels (linked at the bottom of this page) to learn when parking in Downtown Boone is free.
- All meter parking is available for up to 2 hours at a time before the meter expires. It costs $1.00 per hour of parking, and out meters take both coins (i.e. nickels, dimes, quarters, even golden dollars!) and credit cards.
- For our multi-hour parking, please remember to pay at the kiosk, located in various areas in the parking lots. These kiosks take coins and cards, and it costs $1.00 per hour as well. Please remember to follow the directions on the kiosk, and put your printed ticket on the driver’s side of your dashboard inside your vehicle. That way, our parking staff can validate your parking.
- Got a parking ticket? No worries at all. We have multiple ways for you to pay your ticket:
- Pay online: Pay online at the Town of Boone Citation Portal. Note: There is a $2.00 fee when paying online.
- Pay Over the Phone: When paying over the phone, please have your parking ticket ready for whatever information we may need.
- Pay In-Person: If you would like to pay in-person, please visit our Parking Office, located downstairs at Town Hall (567 W. King St.).
- Parking at metered accessible parking areas is absolutely free, as long as the correct placard/license plate is displayed and up to date
- Did you lose your parking ticket? Feel free to give our Parking Office a call and let them know, and they’ll be able to look up your ticket in the system!
- If you do feel that you have received a ticket in error, please contact our Parking Department or visit the Town of Boone Citation Portal for more about appealing your ticket.