- Your Government
- Departments & Operations
- Planning & Inspections
- Apply for A Permit
Apply for A Permit
NOTICE: Coming soon! We are going digital July 1, 2023!
The Town of Boone is planning to transition to a mostly paperless permitting system with online payments and an online inspection portal. Please check back for more details!
Until then, please use the tabs below to access PDF versions of all permit applications. Submit the completed application and required fees to the Planning & Inspections Department at 680 West King Street, Suite C, Boone, NC 28607.
Please note: Pre-application meetings with a Project Manager Liaison are required for Annexations, Special Use Permits, Variances, Major Subdivision Preliminary Plat Approvals, Zoning Map Amendments, and Certificates of Appropriateness for Major Work.
Building Permit Applications & Forms
- ABC Compliance Inspection Application (PDF)
- Accessory Electrical Vehicle Charging Station Application (PDF)
- Accessory Solar Energy System Permit Application (PDF)
- At-Risk Foundation Permit Application (PDF)
- Demolition/Moving Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Equipment Changeout/New Equipment Permit Application (PDF)
- Permanent Sign Permit Application (PDF)
- Renovation and Repair Small Project Work Application (PDF)
- Temporary Construction Trailer Application (PDF)